Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!
Just took possession of my first jeep 2 days ago, and god it's fun to drive!

I have a question concerning the rear seat tho.

It is a 2014 Sport 2 door model. I saw that I can flip up the rear seat to have more cargo space when needed and that it was holding up using what looks like a spring mechanism. I was wondering if it is safe to ride like that or if due to bumps/acceleration/braking the seat will always move back and forward and damage the only 2 spots in which it is attached to the floor? And if it can damage the attaching point, is a bungee cord to attach the seat to the rollbar in the top string enough to keep it from moving?

I know I can totally remove the rear seat, but I'd like to keep it inside in case I need to carry people.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I do that all the time, using a bungee cord (very short one) from the folded seat to the soft top bracket on the roll bar. I haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
374 Posts
With the way I have my driver and passenger seat situated in mine, if I flip the rear seat forward, the front seats keep bit from falling back! I have to slide the front seats forward in order to get enough clearance to put the rear seat back in place

·
Registered
217 Posts
I ride with the rear seat flipped all the way over and don't need anything to keep it there.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wonder if the spring rate changed... If I accelerate quickly the seat tilts back and then forward and hits my seat. Seems like it should latch in that position...

·
Registered
268 Posts
A short bungee cord around the passenger seat head rest keeps mine from bouncing back and forth. One of these days I'll just take it out and have even more room.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
My 07 has that issue with the seat bouncing back and forth. I just removed mine completely but I did see a product designed to keep that from happening.

Here is the link but it says it is out of stock.

Die-Tech Off-road Seat Retainer

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
that looks like a terrible idea. The leverage it'll be applying (being nearly parallel to the seat) seems like trouble.
I don't think it is applying any force but rather just works as a bump stop so the seat won't swing backwards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts