Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I drive my Jeep with the top off, the rear seat belts make a lot of flapping noise, especially at highway speeds.

Oddly, the rear passenger side one seems to flap more.

Anyone else notice this or have a solution?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
velcrow

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Yes, wind does have a habbit of making loose objects flop.......DUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe you would dedicate a thread to basic logic.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Yes, wind does have a habbit of making loose objects flop.......DUHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Can't believe you would dedicate a thread to basic logic.

:rofl: LMAO:rofl:​

~Lev

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the physics lesson.

I was just looking for a way to fix it that wouldn't preclude actually using the rear seatbelts when necessary.

I tried buckling them but that seemed to make the problem worse. Velcro straps seems like and excellent idea though and that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Thanks for the physics lesson.

I was just looking for a way to fix it that wouldn't preclude actually using the rear seatbelts when necessary.

I tried buckling them but that seemed to make the problem worse. Velcro straps seems like and excellent idea though and that's what I was looking for.
Dont think he meant it to be rude, so dont take it personal.

I'll put him back in his cage!

/pokes blue with a stick
/yell's BACK! BACK!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Ej They were just poking fun Your not the first and won't be the last, I have not even begun to ask my ?'s yet so there is more fun to be had.

Greg
Crap! Lemme put blue on a leash then! ;)

No question is to0 stupid, we are all newbs at one time or another. Hell I still am! Never learn if you dont ask. =D

~Lev

·
Registered
858 Posts
welcome to the nuthouse ejmct :wavey:

++++++++ for velcro straps

the flapping noise used to drive me crazy but i got over it eventually. owning a jeep tends to make you tune out a lot of noise.

and has already been mentioned, don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how much you get ribbed. :p

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Yeah, see.........just having some fun. We all get ribbed at some point in time, yours just came early..........:D:D:D

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. I will go back into my cave, and be quiet, at least for a couple of minutes.......:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
The best way I have found to stop the noise is to put a cooler, preferably filled with Miller Lite, in the back of the jeep and THEN strap the seatbelt to keep it from sliding

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
The best way I have found to stop the noise is to put a cooler, preferably filled with Miller Lite, in the back of the jeep and THEN strap the seatbelt to keep it from sliding

To be enjoyed after driving not before of course. ;)

~Lev

1 - 20 of 28 Posts