Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing some wobbling coming from the rear end at low speeds when driving my 2012 JK. I had previously double checked all bolts after my lift install and everything seemed to be tight. The only thing that looks maybe off is my rear right shock. This is what it looks like:

Is this an issue? It seems to be off angled. Not sure if this is normal/an issue/may be what's causing the wobbling.

·
Super Moderator
21,961 Posts
looks normal.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
My two cents.
When you lift a solid axle Jeep with a fixed length track bar the axle will naturally offset to one side a little. That might be causing that slight misalignment. But I seriously doubt it is causing an issue. As the suspension moves up and down the axles travel in an arc side to side determined by the track bar. So even if your axle was centered at ride height it would move as the suspension compressed or extended. That is part of the reason they use rubber bushings in both ends of the shocks. To allow for that movement.
You can use an adjustable track bar if your axle(s) are not centered. But I suspect your issue is from something else.
Did you use a torque wrench or did you just make sure everything was "tight"?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My two cents.
When you lift a solid axle Jeep with a fixed length track bar the axle will naturally offset to one side a little. That might be causing that slight misalignment. But I seriously doubt it is causing an issue. As the suspension moves up and down the axles travel in an arc side to side determined by the track bar. So even if your axle was centered at ride height it would move as the suspension compressed or extended. That is part of the reason they use rubber bushings in both ends of the shocks. To allow for that movement.
You can use an adjustable track bar if your axle(s) are not centered. But I suspect your issue is from something else.
Did you use a torque wrench or did you just make sure everything was "tight"?
Torque wrench. I'm sure part of it has to do with the... fantastic.. quality of SC roads but still I wish I could figure it out :pullinghair:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe you could loosen the two bolts on the top of the shock and move it a little to get it to line up better. Isn't that bar pin or whatever they call it slotted?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts