Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some serious help. I was driving home in my 1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 6-cyl and I suddenly felt every bump in the road tossing the back end up and down. I stopped at the auto parts store and bought two new Monroe shocks (just a daily driver - no off road). When I went to put them in, I see now that the rear, top brackets for the shocks (attached to the frame rails) are completed gone - rusted away. I went to the local auto body shop and he made a phone call to Chrysler, who told him they do not sell replacement brackets to weld onto the frame rail. He told me to check out an after market shock system. Where would I do that? Is there anything you all would suggest? This is my daily driver - I am in trouble...
Thanks - :confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where do you live? I have a welder and could be willing to help fab you some brackets if you live farly close. I live in north west ohio. Other than that I would say take it to a mechanic and have them weld you something that might work. I had a old 73 nova that the shock mounts rusted out. I was able to fab mounts that worked. It wasnt pretty but it worked!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts