Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My yjs rear shock mounts snapped off and the shocks are shot would I be able to go off roading this weekend without them? Or will I hurt something

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kpla51 said:
My yjs rear shock mounts snapped off and the shocks are shot would I be able to go off roading this weekend without them? Or will I hurt something
They already snapped off

·
Registered
443 Posts
They already snapped off
I know... But i assume it's because they were rusted out and when you went offroading they were under more stress and snapped off... Thats why I'm suggesting checking over the rest of the frame in the usual rust prone spots before you have a major project on yout hands like me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Carralo1 said:
I know... But i assume it's because they were rusted out and when you went offroading they were under more stress and snapped off... Thats why I'm suggesting checking over the rest of the frame in the usual rust prone spots before you have a major project on yout hands like me.
We checked over they wernt rusted I have a 4 inch lift and never relocated them I know I had to for my tj I don't know about the yj

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
You are in for a really bad ride and some more damage to the rest of your rear suspension, but it's your Jeep!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
We checked over they wernt rusted I have a 4 inch lift and never relocated them I know I had to for my tj I don't know about the yj
Relocated what? The shock mounts on frame? They dont get relocated I dont know how they'd snap if they weren't rusted. Unless they were re welded at a point and not done properly. Must of been some serious strain on them

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I have a co-worker with a hunting Jeep without shocks and in the little time he's had it he's already bent the crap out of his springs and wrecked a shackle. The shocks are necessary!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts