Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out my rear speakers due to how poorly they sounded with a set of Infinity Kappa 62.9i which are 2ohm. I can honestly say this was the best $80.00 I have spent on this Jeep!!!

The sound is so much better and louder too! I can now hear my rear speakers as good as my front speakers. I do have the 730 radio and it is a night and day difference.

If you are disappointed in your rear sound bar speakers this is the fix!!! Search on line for sale prices!!

Kappa 62.9i | 6-1/2" 2-way car audio loudspeaker | INF US

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I installed the same ones this weekend. They sound MUCH clearer through the wind noise, even at much higher volume...I've had the top off all week and it's still great. The bass...well, you're probably not going to get much better out of a 6.5" speaker. Not exactly stellar, but for the price I doubt you'll find better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the same ones this weekend. They sound MUCH clearer through the wind noise, even at much higher volume...I've had the top off all week and it's still great. The bass...well, you're probably not going to get much better out of a 6.5" speaker. Not exactly stellar, but for the price I doubt you'll find better.
I am going to buy a set of Infinity Kappa 60.9cs component speakers for the front as well. It really made such a difference in the rear, now I need to change out the front speakers and tweeters!!

·
Super Moderator
14,539 Posts
I am going to buy a set of Infinity Kappa 60.9cs component speakers for the front as well. It really made such a difference in the rear, now I need to change out the front speakers and tweeters!!
If you want to wake up the factory tweeters a little before you spend on the components, try the Stock Tweeter Mod.

It's quite effective at bringing the stock tweeters to life. They aren't that bad, but the crossover on them is horrible... For $3 not much to lose. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey!,

If you are set on replacing tweeters check the Infinity 1031T.....cant beat them for 45 bucks....they fit perfectly in the stock dash tombstones....no mods other than stripping and joining a couple of wires each, and they sound awesome.....

SP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey!,

If you are set on replacing tweeters check the Infinity 1031T.....cant beat them for 45 bucks....they fit perfectly in the stock dash tombstones....no mods other than stripping and joining a couple of wires each, and they sound awesome.....

SP
Thank you I just purchased them $45.00. Did you swap out your front dash speakers?

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
You guys are killing me! I ordered a set of each... :)

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
I replaced my soundbar speakers today with the Infinity 6032si.

Don't do this unless you are prepared for the shock of how very bad the rest of your speakers really are. These Infinity speakers are very clear and blow the rest of my "premium" sound system away. It is much more than noticeable, it is downright shocking!

Now, what front speakers are you folks using?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What modifications are made if any to use this speaker? Is it plug and play like the kicker speakers everyone uses? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What modifications are made if any to use this speaker? Is it plug and play like the kicker speakers everyone uses? Thanks in advance for the help.
Same questions and I see some people have to buy these adapter rings but I have not paid much attention yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Same questions and I see some people have to buy these adapter rings but I have not paid much attention yet.

The Infinity speakers come with a 3 hole mounting plate to mount the speakers onto and I used my factory speaker grills to mount them up to the sound bar. The only think you will need to do is cut the factory connector and wire the new speakers.

Wiring for sound bar
Left Rear (Black/White +) (Dark Green -)
Right Rear (Light Blue +) (Light Green -)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Don't do this unless you are prepared for the shock of how very bad the rest of your speakers really are. These Infinity speakers are very clear and blow the rest of my "premium" sound system away. It is much more than noticeable, it is downright shocking!

I am happy too see that you also agree that switching to the Infinity 2ohm speakers sound much better than the factory speakers that had no sound on my Jeep!

I believe some people might have wired them wrong to not hear a big improvement over the factory speakers!!

I think you will receive your Infinity tweeters before me. Let me know how they sound..

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
I think the wiring for our 2014s is different than prior years. Pressurized sent me a wiring scheme that did not match my colors. Only follow the wiring scheme above by 04screamin if you have a 2014.

I am excited to see how the tweeters improve the sound. I would still like to find out what front speakers people like. I will post info on the tweeters once I get them installed.

Also, the 6032si went right back into the factory spots with one mod. If they came with the bolts to hold them to the conversion brackets I lost them. I bought some small bolts and locking nuts at Ace Hardware and bolted them to the adapter brackets. You will need 8 4mmx10mm nut & bolt combos. This worked great. I also had to change the wire connectors as mentioned above. Not a tough mod at all and well worth the money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for all of the added information and help. Can this infinity speaker also be used for the front dash speakers as well? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
333 Posts

Per my information, the Infinity 6032si should also fit in the front! I bought 2 pairs of them, but have not had the time yet to install. Will do the tweeter mod at the same time... I also bought 2 of this speaker harness, which make the 6032si plug-n-play...

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
14,539 Posts
I think the wiring for our 2014s is different than prior years. Pressurized sent me a wiring scheme that did not match my colors. Only follow the wiring scheme above by 04screamin if you have a 2014.

I am excited to see how the tweeters improve the sound. I would still like to find out what front speakers people like. I will post info on the tweeters once I get them installed.

Also, the 6032si went right back into the factory spots with one mod. If they came with the bolts to hold them to the conversion brackets I lost them. I bought some small bolts and locking nuts at Ace Hardware and bolted them to the adapter brackets. You will need 8 4mmx10mm nut & bolt combos. This worked great. I also had to change the wire connectors as mentioned above. Not a tough mod at all and well worth the money.
I'm glad you got it done and are happy with the results. Too many people overlook the advantage of the 2 ohm impedance and don't think about the efficiency. It makes a ton of difference.

As I recall, I had to get the small nuts and bolts for mine as well.

Yes, you can definitely use the 6032si in the front. And with the tweeters done, the sub is now the weak spot...

Spent the morning at the indoor range and then the last few hours building my AR 15... :iamhappy:

·
Premium Member
2,292 Posts
Don't say range.

I have not been to the range in quite a while. I am starting to have the shakes. Today I spent the entire afternoon and evening putting in bump stops in the front of my Jeep. Yesterday I did the rear. The front was difficult because I had to mod the JK Adjustable Trackbar so as not to hit my front diff cover. I think I have it all good now.

I just bought a pair of those wiring converters. Too late for the sound bar but I can use them on the front speakers. I also bought another pair of 6032si for the front.

Yee ha!

Hey, I should pack up my AR and come down and shoot with you. Enjoy the AR build. I love mine.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts