Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rear stabilizer bar sometimes touch the LH rear wheel on my wrangler. There is a sign it may have been hit on the RH side before I got it. The RH rear upper control arm has a mark on it. We took the two arms off and compare them. The RH arm is bent slightly higher than the LH arm. About 1/2" higher. I don't know if this is the problem. We checked everything as best we could. The chassis is straight. No other signs of anything out of order. Could this be it or are we missing something? Someone said the track bar may be the problem. But we check that too and nothing seems wrong there.:pullinghair:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is it lifted?

If it is and they did nothing to correct it that would explain the rubbing.

Also how did you check the trackbar? It may be bent

·
Registered
536 Posts
Measure from the edge of the fender to the edge of the tire on both sides. If the measurement is not the same check the track bar. As gasser is hinting too, if it is lifted without a bracket or adjustable track bar then you will need to correct it. If it is stock also make sure the anti roll bar is centered. If the Jeep has been in a crash or bumped a rock, it may be a combination. Can you post some pics of the damaged areas, a straight on rear shot and underside from the rear?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts