Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use my Jeep mostly as a 3rd vehicle and for hunting. For 3 years know been running 3-1/4" suspension lift with 1-1/4 bl, Rancho RS9000's and have had no issues. This hunting season when I hit a washout on a dirt road or a rut (hard sudden hit) I get a noise, bottoming out kind of noise. Now I know my bump stops are not correct but never ad this issue before, no spring sag that I can see but when I adjust the Rancho's it gets a little better. Any weight in the back of the jeep makes it worse. Could this be a shock issue ? Spring issue ?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I would check control arm bushings and swaybar links.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I'd also check your rear track bar...

When I last a similar noise, it turned out that I had a sheared transmission bracket.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Could also be that a shock has failed and is no longer damping out the ups & downs at the rear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could also be that a shock has failed and is no longer damping out the ups & downs at the rear.
I am thinking this is the issue but I will check the trackbar. I have had issues with the Rancho RS 9000 shocks on 2 different trucks, this would be the third. Rancho replaced them but still a PITA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts