Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions for my rear sway bar. I just finished doing a 1" drop skid on a 04' Rubicon that has a 2.5" spring lift which technically puts about 6" of lift on the drivetrain. What do you think? Adjustable or can I get away with extended links like those that metalcloak offers?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After rotating the axle to correct the pinion angle I noticed there was a lot of play in the sway bar when it is on level ground. Due to the fact that rotating the axle put the axle connection up higher, might I be fine leaving it as is? 20170815_102137.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
I used the links that Dextreme recommended and they worked great. You need extended links to maintain proper geometry. I put front and rears on my 4" lifted TJ and got rid of some rattles. The sway bar doesn't really do anything other than when you are cornering at speed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think extended links would be needed when there is tension on the stock links.. right now there is very little tension on the stock links and it has the feeling of more body roll coming from the rear. Thoughts?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,409 Posts
You can also easily make them with 1/2x20 threaded rod and two pairs of threaded heim joints. I bought my heims from an industrial surplus store for next to nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts