Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JKUR and am thinking about removing my rear sway bar. Anyone done this and what was the results? How did it drive on the road? Does the rear flex better off road?:thumb:

·
Registered
666 Posts
No.

You need swaybars on the road with a JK.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I run 70 down the freeway no sway bar and soft progressive springs....the front is connected while on road.
Making quick disconnects for the rear as well for certain trails just not off camber ones.
Yes it does help flex with it off.....

My rear tire does not stuff into metal with it on, with it off it smashes it in there pretty good.

Swat bar is good for a lot of stuff but when we hit the rock piles its off.....front is disconnected on all trails.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
I had a buddy break off one of his rear swaybar mounts so he removed the whole thing. He has full armor front and rear and a spare 37 mounted just below his roofline so he is very top heavy. He quickly discovered this was a problem when off camber crawling turned into him being unable to move because his rear tire made sweet sweet love to his rear armor and was actually touching his tub. If it weren't for the wall on his right he probably would have gone over.

He had bumpstop issues as well but my point is that you want your body to be moving with at least one of your axles. On a lighter vehicle it might not be as bad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone else? My last Jeep was a TJ and it seems like no one even runs a front sway bar. I had none on my tj without a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts