Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with an AEV 2.5" DS lift on my 13 JKUR and added all eight RockKrawler control arms. With the extra length rear arms, the rear sway links are angled way forward, to the point the pass side link hits the lower spring perch.

Shortening the link will put the bar at a downward angle and I am not ready to go to the 3.5 springs yet due to cost...Any suggestions?

Is there something I am overlooking or is it just the end geometry with this assortment of parts???

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
My take: The RK arms moved your axle back an inch or a bit more. That is causing the contact. You can bend the link or move the axle forward. I eventually switched to ROKMEN arms that shorten more that the RK arms can. The RK arms are pretty long. I brought the axle forward a bit...problem solved.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Oh, you can also relocate the swaybar a bit- go a bit backwards. I did not want to do that, nor did I want to bend the link.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Mine (2.5 X Factor) didn't. I don't believe my kit had anything to do that, unless the installer just threw that part away.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies and HK, you are dead on - it is because the RK arms are longer than stock. I am thinking about moving the sway bar back on the frame if the holes are available. Will check with RK before I do though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts