Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Smittybilt corner guards for xmas and installing them now. I have to completely take off both tail lights. I have the red box off and it is only dangling by the wire connecting it but i can't get the wire to disconnect. It says that if i just reach up under the backside of my jeep i should be able to find it and disconnect it but i can't.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It's there keep looking. If you have the light dangling with the wire way out of the tub it will be harder to reach up and find it. I usually disconnect the wire before un-bolting the light housing from the tub.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You are pulling down those little plastic "flaps" and pushing your hand up into the newly revealed inside, right? Not trying to be smart, just making sure that you didn't think they were exposed. On the passenger side of my '03, the connector was quite high so I popped a few of the Christmas trees out of the plastic inner fender, pointed my shoplight up in there an found it hidden in that OEM fabric electrical tape.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found the connectors but cannot seem to disconnect it. It's like it's glued together or something. Could I be doing something wrong? Any advice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts