Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a JKS cv bracket today. I got my pinion angle perfect but I can't seem to get my track bar to seat in the new bracket. It seems the angle is a bit off so I can't get it to sit all the way in and the bar is also about a half inch too short.

It is the stock track bar. How do I get the axle to move to get it lined up. When I do, how do I get it to sit all the way in the bracket?

I've read about using straps to get the axle to move, but no idea where to hook them and haven't been able to find a video of it.

Had to drill out a hole to get the bracket to fit. The pre-drilled holes didn't line up. Thought I'd mention this if anyone is looking at the jks cv bracket.

Anyone have a good link?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ended up having to adjust the pinion angle way up to get the trackbar seated. When I got it together, the pinion is now angled up about 2-3 degrees too much but the track bar is holding it from coming down at all. Is this degree difference ok or do I need to get a adjustable bar in order to get it set at 0. I guess the jks cv bracket is just too angled for my 3 inch lift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem after installing the RE trackbar relocation bracket after doing a SYE install and setting up for the dual CV drive shaft. The angle is too steep on the bracket which requires tilting the pinion way up past the point where is should be to point directly at the output shaft on the transfer case. I don't think I am missing something here am I? Looks like the only fix is to get an adjustable track bar so the heim joint can be rotated to match the angle of the relocation bracket.
Question is, Do I still need a relocation bracket with an adjustable track bar?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
The angled bracket is needed to move the driver's side track bar mount away from the gas tank when a CV driveshaft has been installed and the axle has been rotated to raise the pinion angle. Otherwise the bracket and thus the track bar are too close to the gas tank and they can impact each other in some wheeling situations.

And since you have a CV driveshaft, you need an adjustable length track bar so the flex joint angle can be made to match the aftermarket angled bracket's angle. It's really difficult to get the factory track bar and factory bracket to work or even be able to be bolted together once the pinion angle has been raised, not to mention the factory fixed-length track bar's length will not be correct either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me about it.

One out of a hundred things I wish I had known before getting myself into this lifting business.

I ended up putting the old bracket on and was able to dial in my pinion with the stock track bar. I still have the angled bracket and I'll throw it in when I get an adjustable bar then.

I'm currently chasing down a rattling that started after installing new brake pads. Seems to only be happening on the passenger side

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
... I ended up putting the old bracket on and was able to dial in my pinion with the stock track bar. I still have the angled bracket and I'll throw it in when I get an adjustable bar then.
Keep in mind that your rear track bar is binding after you raised the pinion angle for the CV driveshaft. That won't likely cause a serious problem but it doesn't work as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts