Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
what is the purpose for the new bracket, if you bought a new adjustable rear trackbar, should work fine with the amount of height that you have already. if you had over 3 inches of lift you would be looking for a cv style rear trackbar bracket.. relocation brackets are used when you add height to your vehicle and want to continue to use the stock rear trackbar... hope this info helps you out

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the purpose for the new bracket, if you bought a new adjustable rear trackbar, should work fine with the amount of height that you have already. if you had over 3 inches of lift you would be looking for a cv style rear trackbar bracket.. relocation brackets are used when you add height to your vehicle and want to continue to use the stock rear trackbar... hope this info helps you out
It is for a 3" lift. I just have to get a relocation bracket to complete the lift.

·
Registered
144 Posts
well that looks like that will satisfy that issue you have.... wish you were closer i have one from my lift kit i never used cause i put in adjustable track bars..

·
Krew Member
20,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well that looks like that will satisfy that issue you have.... wish you were closer i have one from my lift kit i never used cause i put in adjustable track bars..
That does suck. I am working on adj. track bars but, that's a good chunk of moohlah lol. And I need it by Wednesday

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You may want to hang on to the bracket . Even with an adjustable TB the bracket should be used. Keeping the TB close to the original angle is the way to go plus most aftermarket brackets are open at the top so the track bar don't hit like it will on the closed top of the OE bracket alone at full droop . Its a good idea to use the bracket with the adjustable TB. If you do some searches on a couple of Jeep forums you will find some pictures of the results of not using the bracket . Naturally if you have installed a complete new mount like you would when installing an 8.8 rear forget what I just posted as they normally have the added height built into the mount

·
Registered
144 Posts
i rode it like that for about a year without any issues in the stock mount. But, i hated the 4inch lift with the tcase drop, installed sye and new driveshaft new rear upper CAs, and installed a cvstyle bracket, also installed rough country rear spring angle correctors, real simple install and noticeable height gain in rear... and shock relocation brackets... huge difference in the ride of jeep, almost feels like its stock again..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts