Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
How important is a rear track bar. My bracket just broke and it wobbles like crazy.
It's important enough that you shouldn't be driving around without it. That is the only thing that gives lateral support to your whole rear suspension system.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I was able to limp my rig home about 3 miles after mine broke. Above about 30 mph it was all over the road.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks guys. It is still connected a little but and not all over the road. It just wobbles. I'm calling my mechanic tomorrow. Any ideas on the cost to fix it. The bracket from the frame is where it broke.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Ylu should not drive it until it is fixed and even have the Jeep towed to be fixed. If it fails completely you may not be able to control the vehicle with disastrous results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Order a rough country rear adjustable trac bar! It's like 125 on amazon, installed one last week and got rid of the old after market bracket. Which is my first question.... Is it the bracket that broke a relocation bracket or the stock bracket welded to the axel? If it's after market remove it and use the adjustable trac bar. Never had much luck with relocation brackets, not to mention they are a pain in the butt to install sometimes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'd be a bit concerned about why the bracket failed in the first place. Rusted?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Order a rough country rear adjustable trac bar! It's like 125 on amazon, installed one last week and got rid of the old after market bracket. Which is my first question.... Is it the bracket that broke a relocation bracket or the stock bracket welded to the axel? If it's after market remove it and use the adjustable trac bar. Never had much luck with relocation brackets, not to mention they are a pain in the butt to install sometimes.
Omg!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts