Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pulled the trigger on the 2.5 JKS lift, backordered until mid August unfortunately, and it comes with a rear trackbar bracket.

I got it from Morris 4x4 and they recommend getting the JKS rear trackbar brace to go with it.

It's only another $47 but is it really needed? I go wheeling maybe two or three times a year in Moab, moderate trails so nothing extreme. It's my daily driver so i just want to make sure everything is good to go which is why i went with the JKS kit as it seemed very complete.

It appears to be more of a skid protection component.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have it just for peace of mind. I had it before I went for the JKS lift. As you say, its not that much, so why not. And its not a skid, it reinforces the tracbar bracket on the axle end. Btw, Synergy makes a brace for the other end as well. I've been happy with all my JKS components. Also added their fixed length lower front control arms to correct caster.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I have it just for peace of mind. I had it before I went for the JKS lift. As you say, its not that much, so why not. And its not a skid, it reinforces the tracbar bracket on the axle end. Btw, Synergy makes a brace for the other end as well. I've been happy with all my JKS components. Also added their fixed length lower front control arms to correct caster.

Good info.. I got the bracket from RK and welded it in place.
Rear bracket.jpg

·
Registered
2,794 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
probably not

jdinny has a lot of good things to say.. In this case I'm going to put my money on the word "brace", not "probably".

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback, after spending $1000 on the lift what's another $50 at this point. Love the copper orange color on that jeep.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, after spending $1000 on the lift what's another $50 at this point. Love the copper orange color on that jeep.
Wheeling 3 times a year, it's 50 bucks you could spend on something else that you might want/need.

I prefer to have the stock mount cut off and an Artec bracket welded on. Cheaper, stronger, better looking.

This ^^^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts