Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy!

I'm looking for some user feedback on a quality rear trackbar axle side relocation bracket. It's time to replace the one that came with my low-end TF coil lift (the cheapie frame side bracket). My rear axle appears to be about 1/4" off center (to the driver side) and I'd like to avoid replacing the oem trackbar if possible. But ... I also don't want to weld if I can avoid it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Is it a 2.5 lift?

And can you give us exact height measurements?

My other thought is to pick a bracket with multiple mounting location options...

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
I just installed an Artec rear TB bracket. Very well made, with multiple holes for TB install.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have the TeraFlex bolt on with 3 holes with 2" actually lift. I had it on the bottom hole (3" above stock) and it was offset 1/4" to the drivers side. I have it on the top hole now to test because I am installing a Metalcloak track bar the will mount in the top hole (4.75" above stock) and it is 7/16" offset to the driver's side. Compared to a frame drop bracket I had after lifting, it handles a lot better.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I have Synergy weld on.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The TF 2 hole is the most popular and its 100% bolt on. Synergy makes a 3" and 4". EVO and clayton are nice bolt on options as well.
Yeah, the Clayton 1/4" steel axle clamp sure looks solid. I've had pretty good luck so far with TF stuff. What are your impressions? Do you have a preference?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I installed the TF two hole axle side bracket yesterday (bottom hole). Also swapped out the stock trackbar bolts for Northridge kit bolts. Torqued to spec, used a little red thread locker to keep things put. Easy install all the way around. Can't really say I've noticed a difference in the way it's handling as of yet. But the axle still isn't centered yet either. I have an MC rear trackbar enroute to match the one in front. I'll post my opinion after everything is dialed in. Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I installed the TF two hole axle side bracket yesterday (bottom hole). Also swapped out the stock trackbar bolts for Northridge kit bolts. Torqued to spec, used a little red thread locker to keep things put. Easy install all the way around. Can't really say I've noticed a difference in the way it's handling as of yet. But the axle still isn't centered yet either. I have an MC rear trackbar enroute to match the one in front. I'll post my opinion after everything is dialed in. Thanks for your input.
Use the upper hole

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
What torque did you put on the u bolt? Were you able to get it to 85 ftlbs?
I've got a 3 hole on mine and I'm within 1/8" center

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Use the upper hole
I'll give that a go. That hole is so much higher than the amount of lift I have. I'd think there would be some kind of tradeoff. I don't think I netted more than 1.5-2" lift with the heavy Ace fenders I'm rockin.

I have an adjustable trackbar enroute as well. That sucker's getting to the middle one way or another.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What torque did you put on the u bolt? Were you able to get it to 85 ftlbs? I've got a 3 hole on mine and I'm within 1/8" center
Torque wasn't a problem.

My axle is 3/4" off which will only require 3/8" adjustment to correct. I'll git'ur done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts