Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -

Bumped into a fellow Jeeper - noticed on his Teraflex lift that he was using the bottom hole in the rear bracket. On mine, I'm using the top. He indicated his lift was also a 2.5 and since it was Teraflex I'm assuming its likely the same kit since the bracket was included.

So on my 2.5 inch lift, I used Teraflex 1251000 which included the part 1954777 (the rear bracket itself). While I can find a PDF install guide for the part, I don't see where it mentions which hole to use.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You use which ever hole corresponds to your height.
To make sure I understand, top hole is for 2.5 and bottom is for 1.5 basically?

I'll get an adjustable front and rear TB...hopefully that doesn't mess up the alignment or lower flex arms (which currently have cam bolts). Sounds like i'll need to measure if the wheels are centered left to right after TB install.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
To make sure I understand, top hole is for 2.5 and bottom is for 1.5 basically? I'll get an adjustable front and rear TB...hopefully that doesn't mess up the alignment or lower flex arms (which currently have cam bolts). Sounds like i'll need to measure if the wheels are centered left to right after TB install. Thanks
TF Says 2/3
The 3 hole bracket is 2/3/4

Yea measure things up. A offset axle shouldn't cause any issues.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
my rear axle is centered within an 1/8" 2.5" RK lift measuring from frame to edge of tire tread..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my rear axle is centered within an 1/8" 2.5" RK lift measuring from frame to edge of tire tread..
Thanks for the pic and reply...is that the stock rear trackbar?

So far, I've been told to get the rear adjustable (and front adjustable) to really dial it in. I'm certainly no expert but 1/8 of an inch doesn't sound problematic at all.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
yes stock track bar. realistic 3/4" is not going to be problematic just visually some ocd guys don't like the look. I have had mine completely flexed and no contact between the tb and exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Old thread...Resurrected for a question.

Just got a Teraflex ST3 3-inch lift installed...includes the track bar relo bracket with 3 holes for the axle side end.

The axle end (driver's side) is bolted into the top hole...and the driver's side rear tire is about an inch to the outside. If I drop the attachment point to the center hole, I assume this would get the rear axle closer to center?

Can I do that without adversely affecting alignment or handling?

Looking at a post above, it seems like it should be in the second hole down...for the 3 inch lift.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Old thread...Resurrected for a question.

Just got a Teraflex ST3 3-inch lift installed...includes the track bar relo bracket with 3 holes for the axle side end.

The axle end (driver's side) is bolted into the top hole...and the driver's side rear tire is about an inch to the outside. If I drop the attachment point to the center hole, I assume this would get the rear axle closer to center?

Can I do that without adversely affecting alignment or handling?

Looking at a post above, it seems like it should be in the second hole down...for the 3 inch lift.
If you are that far over corrected, I'd go to the bottom hole. You are still getting 3" of roll center correction at that point. You likely will not notice any difference in daily driving... If it was a track Jeep on sticky summer tires you might feel a small difference. ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
I would remove the track bar bolt at the axle / bracket end. Then use a ratchet strap between the chassis and the axle to center the axle. Then find the hole that is closest to that.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
I would remove the track bar bolt at the axle / bracket end. Then use a ratchet strap between the chassis and the axle to center the axle. Then find the hole that is closest to that.
or just have someone push on the side of the jeep...

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
or just have someone push on the side of the jeep...
Yep. That would work. But I am usually alone when doing this sort of thing. So I tend to think along those lines.
I am also OCD, so I would be measuring to make sure it is centered.

·
Super Moderator
14,586 Posts
Yep. That would work. But I am usually alone when doing this sort of thing. So I tend to think along those lines.
I am also OCD, so I would be measuring to make sure it is centered.
Sounds like stock rear bar, so there are only 3 options.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts