Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to run a 2.5 lift and I wanted to do something with my rear trackbar. I want to get the JKS Adj Rear Trackbar, and I wanted to know if I would need anything else to run this trackbar such as brace or relocation bracket. Here is a link on what I want, if you could tell me if I need it to run the Rear Adjustable Trackbar.

JKS Rear Trackbar Brace | Reinforce the rear trackbar mount on Wrangler JK models and prevent catastrophic failure

Wrangler JK Adjustable Rear Trackbar | JK Track Bar | Wrangler JK Track Bar

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16191_9004_07.htm

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
A rear track bar is not needed, save your money or put towards another mod.
In most cases, a bracket is enough to center the axle alone.

Think about it .. The jeep is lifted 3". W/ a 3"
Raised bracket, the axle is returned to stock and axle centered

Some brackets --including the TF bracket i run and recommend often--raise the roll center higher then 3", your axle would be over corrected by a small
Amount. Still totally up to you but folks will install a track bar that's bent for my clearance around the exhaust pipe and also center the axle.

Raising the track bar and lowering the track bar are not the same. If installing a bracket, I highly recommend going with a raised bracket.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Definately a TB bracket. Ripping off the standard bracket off the axle is a common deal. Get one at a bracket at a minimum.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm curious as well. I put in 2" Synergy springs with AEV brackets. Also put in F/R Teraflex adjustable TB's.

My lift right now is closer to 3". Hopefully it'll settle down some. Do I really need rear brackets to raise roll center ? In a previous thread
( http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/lets-talk-rear-track-bars-and-brackets-219416.html ) it was mentioned that ideally F/R roll centers match or is it better with a slightly higher RC in the rear...

My question is .... with a 2 1/2" lift am I better off with rear brackets in addition to my rear adjustable TB.

·
Super Moderator
53,763 Posts
I'm curious as well. I put in 2" Synergy springs with AEV brackets. Also put in F/R Teraflex adjustable TB's. My lift right now is closer to 3". Hopefully it'll settle down some. Do I really need rear brackets to raise roll center ? In a previous thread ( http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/lets-talk-rear-track-bars-and-brackets-219416.html ) it was mentioned that ideally F/R roll centers match or is it better with a slightly higher RC in the rear... My question is .... with a 2 1/2" lift am I better off with rear brackets in addition to my rear adjustable TB.
Absolutely

·
Registered
939 Posts
I run the JKS trackbar bracket posted in the first link as well as the Synergy frame side trackbar bracket seen here POLY PERFORMANCE OFF-ROAD PARTS :: Suspension :: Suspension & Lift Kits :: Jeep Suspension Systems :: 2007-Current Jeep JK Wrangler Suspension Systems :: Synergy Manufacturing :: Synergy Jeep JK Rear Track Bar Bracket Brace

The synergy is not a drop bracket, it just reinforces the weak stock mount. I also have a JKS trackbar. You don't need anything else to install a track bar, but the two mounts are highly recommended as cheap insurance.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im going to go with the TF Bracket for like 105.00. Next up is the biggest expensive 5 Duratracs 315/75/16, and then I have to jump on gears because my wimpy 3.21 aren't going to cut it with 35's so looking at getting Yukon 4.88s.

The Trend

Rancho RS9000XL Shocks
Old Man Emu Coil Springs
JKS Swaylinks, TB, Brakeline Relocations
TF Bracket
Goodyear Duratracs
Wheels 16 or 17s.

LOL

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I also did my own design coil lift with OME coils. Here is the bump stops I used in the back.

Teraflex 1958252 - TeraFlex Rear SpeedBumps Bump Stop Kit for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2.5" Lift - Quadratec

And front.

JKS Manufacturing 1100 - JKS Manufacturing Adjustable Bump Stops for 84-14 Jeep&#174kee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ, Comanche MJ, Wrangler TJ, TJ Unlimited, JK & Unlimited JK - Quadratec

If you use the TF back kit like I did make sure to send me a PM as there are no instructions and I finally found the right way to seat the bump stop. Once seated they are great but the upper bump stops you don't seat with bolts. The lower plates you seat with bolts and make sure to get the extra space on the plate facing forward. The rear TF kit I used is great. A bit over kill for me and my 285/70/17 but it does stop the TB just short of hitting the exhaust pipe due to the rear TB bracket I used to raise roll center.

On the front I loved the idea that I could swap out pieces of the kit to get a certain height. I have a JKS adjustable TB in the front and it was hitting on my diff cover. Between adding 2/3 of the bump stop kit and grinding down the TB a bit I am now clearing the diff cover and all is well. BTW - this is not fun work doing the bump stops and getting the lift right for full bump, flex, etc. I am very sore today. I have more ideas here so let me know if you go with this kit. I can save you time in installation.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also did my own design coil lift with OME coils. Here is the bump stops I used in the back.

Teraflex 1958252 - TeraFlex Rear SpeedBumps Bump Stop Kit for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 2.5" Lift - Quadratec

And front.

JKS Manufacturing 1100 - JKS Manufacturing Adjustable Bump Stops for 84-14 Jeep&#174kee XJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ, Comanche MJ, Wrangler TJ, TJ Unlimited, JK & Unlimited JK - Quadratec

If you use the TF back kit like I did make sure to send me a PM as there are no instructions and I finally found the right way to seat the bump stop. Once seated they are great but the upper bump stops you don't seat with bolts. The lower plates you seat with bolts and make sure to get the extra space on the plate facing forward. The rear TF kit I used is great. A bit over kill for me and my 285/70/17 but it does stop the TB just short of hitting the exhaust pipe due to the rear TB bracket I used to raise roll center.

On the front I loved the idea that I could swap out pieces of the kit to get a certain height. I have a JKS adjustable TB in the front and it was hitting on my diff cover. Between adding 2/3 of the bump stop kit and grinding down the TB a bit I am now clearing the diff cover and all is well. BTW - this is not fun work doing the bump stops and getting the lift right for full bump, flex, etc. I am very sore today. I have more ideas here so let me know if you go with this kit. I can save you time in installation.
So the front JKS FTB was hitting the diff. Im looking at getting ARB diffs I think they are bigger than stock so now Im wondering if the stock ftb will hit the ARB diffs. Also I have the 4dr. if that matters any?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Use hockey pucks up front ... I paid $15 for 6

I would never buy 16's again. Choices are limited over a 35 and all seem to be load E.
Your right about limitations on the 16's. Duratracs I think are the best tire and the 315/75/16 is a true 35 where the 315/70/17 is a true 34 tire. I choose to have more thickness in tires oppose to bigger wheel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts