Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if and what the torque setting is for these four little bolts. Just ruined a new ujoint cause a strap came loose.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I just reef on them with my 1/4" drive sockets. Don't have a manual in front of me to look it up. Do you get a lot of vibration in your driveline? I've never had this happen before.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
FTW, weld em in.

We have totally destroyed this poor guys thread.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ya'll bout to get off work and limp to the autohobby on base to swap it out, and get those bolts torqued correctly.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
JTGriesman said:
Thanks ya'll bout to get off work and limp to the autohobby on base to swap it out, and get those bolts torqued correctly.
Which base?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Did you replace the straps and bolts when you put the new u-joint in? Reason I ask is when I went to replace all of my u-joints I found every strap bolt loose. I know that they were tight before so I am thinking that it was a combination of old bolts and very dirty threads. Just my 0.02.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What application are the Ford strap kits from?
Not sure. Found it by taking the yoke in to the store and matching it up against all the ones they had in the aisle.
As far as not using HELP I can only speak from my experience. I've used them on my last YJ and this one and have several friends that did the upgrade w/ them as well and I haven't had any issue yet. My $0.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts