Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im puttin in a new windsheild tomarrow cause my brothr cracked mine last week and i want to get a rear view mirror with map lights on it and possibly a thermometer but i cant find one that runs on batteries and dont feel like going throught the hasstle of running more wires in the rubber part of the windsheild (i have my sirius radio up there also next to the rear view)

and suggestions on where to look or a link?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Not really. I don't think they make battery powered ones. I got one on the Bay for a Camaro and just ran the 3 wires inside the windshield gasket since I don't have the plastic trim on my 97.

I didn't care about a compass or thermometer. My GPS has both already. Gotta love crappy cell phone pics! :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what does the wires connect to?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I was thinking about that when I put up the post, but honestly, I don't remember. I think I just ran to a fuse on the panel or to the battery with a fuse. I had tried to setup them up to come on when I open the doors, but that was a PITA to get to work and I ended up doing something wierd that drained and finally killed my old battery (one too many rundowns I guess).

I can trace the wires to see where they go if you'd like... I think I'll do it anyway, cuz now I'm wondering, "What DID I do???" :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...already figured it out...thanks though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts