Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1994 Wrangler for my granddaughter. One item that needs repair is the wring to the rear window defroster on the hard top. I have three loose black wire ends on the window grid, one with 1/2 a connector attached, a green and yellow wire that comes from the main bus on the left and a black wire that comes from a hole on the right side of the cap. Obviously they were all connected in some order. From what I have read there seems to be a relay missing. Simple instructions as to how to reconnect the wiring and any parts needed will be appreciated.

I also have a question about the back window wiper which at this point doesn't work. Either the fuse is blown, the motor is shot or the wiring connection for this is also fubared. Is the wiper in any way connected to the wiring for the defroster?
Thanks
Ted

·
Registered
252 Posts
Is the main connector for the harness to plug in to the hardtop still on the harness?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I reconnected the harness thinking it may feed power to the wiper as well.

Upstream from the harness is a green/yellow disconnected wire sticking out from the hole near where the hinge mount is for the window plunger. I backtracked that wire to to the harness. On the window grid there are the ends of three black wires, at each corner and one at the top/bottom of the grid has 1/2 a connector remaining. Obviously that was plugged into something. There is a black wire sticking out of a hole on the right side near the other hinge mount. The grid is on some sort of circuit loop but I don't want to be connecting wires out of order and especially if there is a temp relay missing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts