Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a leak that appears to be coming in from the bottom ledge of the window where it meets the door. I verified with hose. Water is getting inside then coming out on the interior panel. You can in the inside picture where it's coming out. Anyone else seen this and know how to address? TIA
Hood Window Paint Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Where leak is coming in. This is then dripping over the door channel and into the floor.
White Hood Black Guitar accessory Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Follow this link.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Water will always leak past the exterior seal of the window, it's just the way it is. However, water is then supposed to be 'managed' inside the door to come out of the drain holes at the bottom of the door, outboard of the door weatherstripping. This keeps water out of the interior. Check for blocked drains. You can also remove the interior panel and seal the area with something like 3M Strip Caulk 08578 to keep the water inside the door cavity. Also, check for anything inside the door (like wiring) that could be re-directing water toward the interior panel.

Reactions: White Elemant

·
Registered
605 Posts
Pretty much all modern car doors are designed to allow water into them and then drain out the bottom. They are certainly not supposed to let it to the inside, though. That is a strange and high location for a leak and personally, I would have to get into that panel and see if I could trace the path the water is taking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the inner door panel off already so I will go with adding the weather caulk that jac04 suggested. Bottom drain holes appear to free from blockage. Thanks all....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts