Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the rear window, if I don't want to take the window bar out...but I dont have the straps to hold it while it's rolled up...any ideas on other ways to hold it up?

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Your really don't want to roll it up. I did that on my first Jeep (a new '91YJ) and in short order I had the twin streaks from the straps. When I replace the to, I never rolled the window up again.

There are window covers where you can put all three in the cover with soft fabric between the windows, and you can then roll that up. One even has straps to tie it to the sport bars in the rear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Rolling it up and securing it with the straps will leave wear marks (scratches) on the window in my experience. Generally on the JK we unzip the two zippers down either side (not quote all the way down) and just lay the window flat inside the rear. Have never had an issue with it blowing and has never gotten scratched up doing it this way. It's quick and easy to drop and put back up this way.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rolling it up and securing it with the straps will leave wear marks (scratches) on the window in my experience. Generally on the JK we unzip the two zippers down either side (not quote all the way down) and just lay the window flat inside the rear. Have never had an issue with it blowing and has never gotten scratched up doing it this way. It's quick and easy to drop and put back up this way.
Same way I do it. I've even put the top down with it this way without damage. It does keep the folded top sitting up higher though.

·
Registered
688 Posts
To roll it up you're going to need some kind of straps to hold it up. Break down and buy the straps with the snaps that are made for the soft top, you can buy the set on e-bay for $13. Buy a piece of felt from Joann Frabrics and cut to fit the size of the rear window. When you roll up the rear window roll it up with the felt in between. The felt protects the window from rubbing on itself and it protects it from the straps. I've used mine for 2 years and the window is still like new. It's a whole lot easier rolling it up than taking it out and putting it back in. When not in use I roll the felt up and wrap the straps around the roll to keep it all together, and keep it behind the back seat.

07 16 Jeep Wrangler Soft Top Sunrider Velcro Straps Window Roll Up Snap Straps | eBay

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Like others mentioned, leave the bar in place, unzip around the top, and slide the window down between the tailgate and back seat so its hanging straight. I never had the back seat in my TJ and it never blew around.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Another thing I do from time to time when I want to open the rear up quickly is unzip the whole window and just let it hang inside from the bar. Works great as long as there is nothing in the back that can scratch it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts