Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the road in my 14 jku ( I bought it from the dealer less than 12 months ago) and my rear window shattered for no reason. Has anyone heard of this happening? I will get to the dealer in the morning. Will they treat it as a warranty issue? I won't be happy if they give me the bill. It was bad enough trying to get the glass out of everything tonight.

·
Registered
910 Posts
There was a problem with tinted rear glass doing that early on. warranty time

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealership is saying there is no chance of Chrysler Canada covering it under warranty. On a road trip and need it done ASAP so they have all the leverage. Screw those guys. Any evidence that this is a known problem?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had the right rear window on my 2015 break today. I was not around at the time it happened. Called the police and he said probably a BB gun. I think there's something else going on. I've never seen a window break from the inside out like this. Sort of looks like a triangle in the center of the window pushed out. On the two upper corners there's a section of glass missing - really odd.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No defroster but now I'm thinking I need better mud flaps. Rock probably got thrown back and bounced off my bike rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts