Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am new to jeeps and new to this forum. I have a 95 Wrangler that I purchased not long ago with a decent list of needed odds and ends. Believe it or not, the thing that I can not seem to get for the life of me is rear window shocks. The ones that were on the jeep are 18" long. I have ordered 4 sets from a company, that assure me each time that now they know exactly the ones that I need, only to get them in and be way too long. Anyone know a place that I can get these shocks with less hassle or have a part number? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I think that I found mine thru NAPA.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Yep. X2 on the NAPA. Just put mine on last week. 1 word of advice, after having ones that were worn out for a while now, installed the new ones and got hit in the chin by the rear hatch due to the force that it opened...lol. Advice: step back when releasing the hatch!

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it's not too late, I went thru
Liftsupportsdepot.com

They were cheap and shipping was fast! The lifts were easy to install in about 5 minutes and they seem super strong.....been on about 6 mos so far.

If I remember correctly, they were StrongArm shocks.

Edited to add....I've got 2006 TJ but my experience with the StrongArm brand has been very good...I'd assume the same for your YJ....good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts