Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

Been having some trouble with removing the rear window. After doing some research it looks like this is a somewhat common issue. However I was not able to find any pics or solutions for what is represented in my attached picture. It looks like the RH side of the zipper is too low. When the zipper bottoms out on the LH side, there is still zipper engaged on the RH side. Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I've never seen the need to take mine off, I just roll it up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too don't take the rear window out. I unzip it from both sides up to the top of the window then roll it up. I have two elastic bands that fasten to the rear bow..I put the bands around the rolled up window and fold the top down.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Even if you take the entire top off? Do you just fold it back with the rear window rolled up?
I've never taken the top completely off, it's either up as a sun shade or its folded down. The sun is so intense around here it's normally up but I usually take the doors & back windows off & run like that most of the year, though.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Put a soft, clean towel on the window and roll it up with the window, or your window will get scratched up quickly. I found out the hard way.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey all:

Been having some trouble with removing the rear window. After doing some research it looks like this is a somewhat common issue. However I was not able to find any pics or solutions for what is represented in my attached picture. It looks like the RH side of the zipper is too low. When the zipper bottoms out on the LH side, there is still zipper engaged on the RH side. Any thoughts?

I have had the same issue with my 2016 jku. I tried graphite on the prongs to help lubricate them. i have tried to pull down on one side while pulling up on the other to try and get them to level out. What i ended up doing, which i don't recommend is take off the stop on the bottom RH side. The zipper will come all the way off, and then you can realign your teeth. My issue now is, getting that metal piece back on :nonono: :dance: :nonono:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Mine has looked like your pic since I got the Jeep in '07. It's a 97 and I suspect the top might be original. It's never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I never remove mine or roll it up, I unzip one zipper all the way over to the other zipper and lay the window behind the tailgate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts