Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
The attached picks are of my 2017 2dr JK sitting on my level ( mostly) garage floor. The Jeep came with a lift in it when I purchased it. It looks to be a Rough Country X series 4" lift. ( Yep, I've read all the threads stating that Rough Country sucks but it's in there already.)
My concern is that these springs seem to be sitting at an odd angle and look to be bowed a bit. I know they won't fall out but they "look" unsafe.
What are your thoughts in comparison to how the springs in your own raised jeep look in the rear. Is this normal?

If I need to pull them can I just swap springs or do I need to yank the control arms at the same time and essentially go with a different lift.
Ride wise is seems ok. It has developed a pull to the left but I am thinking that may be the Nittos as they seem to be know for that. ( I'll switch the tires right to left to see if that sorts itself out this weekend.)

Any feedback would be welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look close in the pic you can see the plates in there but I do appreciate you taking the time to respond.

They all do that. Don't worry about it.
Thanks. With nothing to compare to I'd rather ask the stupid question than have it let go after I ignored it. I see you are in Davie so I may have to hit you up on where to go play in the area. I keep looking at some of the trails off the edge of Holiday Park but it seems like a bad idea to go exploring without someone around in case it gets stuck. That and wading around waist deep in gators could make for a bad time. :)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I see you are in Davie so I may have to hit you up on where to go play in the area. I keep looking at some of the trails off the edge of Holiday Park but it seems like a bad idea to go exploring without someone around in case it gets stuck. That and wading around waist deep in gators could make for a bad time. :)
Dude, I'll PM you. I'm in 2 clubs down here.

·
Super Moderator
14,521 Posts
Take a picture of your rear pinion angle. It should be zero... I see you have adjustable control arms... What are the lowers set to? Measure from bolt center to bolt center. Should be around 20-1/4".

·
Registered
261 Posts
It looks pretty typical for a 2 door with a lot of lift. Judging by all the threads exposed on the upper control arm I'm guessing the pinion angle is pretty good at the expense of spring alignment. How close is your trackbar to hitting anything? It's all a compromise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts