Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In real life these seat covers are loosefitting and poorly made, have a greenish tint, the rear cover does not allow fold and tumble and has no velcro to hold it together. Also the seller still hasn't responded sent return shipping stay away from seatglovers. If anyone else has any neoprene seat covers they like and would recommend I would love to know.

Attachments

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I'd avoid neoprene if you intend to use the seat covers to keep your seats dry while topless in the rain...contrary to popular beliefs, neoprene will actually soak up water like a sponge.

If you want seat covers for looks...check out the covers custom made by InfernoGirl who posts on here...I have the Bestop vinyl seat covers and like them quite well, but if you run topless a lot without a bikini top or some kind of sun shade, they get HOT!!!!!

Iggees are another popular one...the Iggees (I think) and Bestop covers are both waterproof.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice on avoiding neoprene but I don't plan on being out in the rain very much I've got alot of money in my stereo and sub. Or I could always cover the seats in plastic then put on the covers so I'm not too worried about that. I like the looks and feel of neoprene was just very disappointed in the quality of the seat covers I got.

Thanks for the advice though if anyone else has any ideas I'd be happy to hear them

·
Registered
615 Posts
x2 Bestop vinyl seat covers ...:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
This might sound crazy, but did you try swapping the front seat covers from left to right and vice versa. Never heard of the outside bolster being thicker than the other. Not trying to stir things up, but was just wondering. Was interested in covers soon too but want something water resistant here in FL.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
The quality of the seatglovers is great and they look amazing but neoprene is just a bad idea....I had a set and they were pretty bad come summer.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the puller holes in the wrong place is because you installed them left right wrong...

If he installed them wrong, mixed up Left and Right, then why is the hole for lever on the left side of the driver seat ( and right side of the passenger seat ) on the correct side?

Either way something is sowed on the wrong way and its a moot point

·
Registered
892 Posts
If he installed them wrong, mixed up Left and Right, then why is the hole for lever on the left side of the driver seat ( and right side of the passenger seat ) on the correct side?

Either way something is sowed on the wrong way and its a moot point
humm good point.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
If the covers were switched the hole location would make sence, my 98 has a pull tab right where the holes are, on the outboard side of the jeep though...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Love my Neoprenes. They aren't in my TJ though. Have them in my SportTrac. They keep all the spills from the kids from getting on the leather, and they aren't hot in the summer, like the leather. They also fit like a glove and look like I don't even have covers. Wouldn't use them without a top in the rain, though. You can't just wipe them off like vinyl.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts