Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it was about time I started putting a thread together to show what little I have done to my jeep.
Also a place to keep track of ideas/products I have see here and elsewhere.
:beerme:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2009 Edition of ReBoot

So sometime in the fall of 2009 I finally had the opportunity to purchase a brand new black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. I wanted it in red rock, however the wife really didn't want that particular colour and I figured a black jeep is better than no jeep.
It was an auto, 3.73, remote start, towing package, did I mention black.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The jeep got new interior floor mats and extra grab handles for the short people getting in the back.
It also had both the freedom hard top for the cold winter months and the soft top for the summer. :)

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2010 Edition of ReBoot

So after driving it a few summers and a winter the colour finally got to us. Now black is a very nice colour for a jeep, however it seemed like everyone has one exactly like ours (I am probably exaggerating but ...)
So the first real mod to the jeep was to drive to the dealership and trade it in on a new 2011 JKU in mango tango.

Still the Sahara edition, 3.73/auto, dropped the remote start for after market heated seats, and a 2 inch trailer hitch, cause that is what the bike rack needs.
Between 2009 and 2011 the jeep interior was also updated, which is cool and remote mirrors were and option....finally.
I told everyone at work that I needed new windshield wipers so I got a new jeep.
:iamhappy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeep Parts - didn't happen

So 2011 was also our 25th anniversary which apparently is a bid deal. So have much discussion of what I would like to do with the jeep and at the time I wasn't a member of this web site, it was decided that a trip to the south pacific was required. So off to Bora Bora ......
:huglove:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fast forward to 2014

Sometime late December 2013 someone at work mention the Jeep Wrangler Forum and I started down the rabbit hole.:pc-ouch:
Once becoming a member I started making a list in my head of modification that I needed to make on the jeep, however I have "CRS" (can't remember "stuff") hence after a year I have started this thread to keep track of them.

I decided I needed to start small, and inexpensive so I changed the antenna out for a short one. I have lost several stations, however not hitting yourself in the head when cleaning off the windshield more than makes up for it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sliding around corners

After much discussion in the house about jeep parts vs. Paris/London, the jeep lost again.... or so I thought :D

We were heading someplace and I might have taking the corner a touch fast, it was wet outside, perhaps a little slick and the deuler's were never that good on wet pavement. Now after 65k, the jeep slid a little, I thought it was fun, the wife, not so much.

So for safety sake I needed to invest in rims/tires.
:beerme:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tires / Rims

So the original tire setup was 255/70 Bridgestone Deuler AT, 18 inch rims they were approx. 10 inch wide and 32 inch tall. The new tires BFGoodrich All Trerain T/A KO 32/11.5 R15m which are 1.5 inches wider and are kicking up all sorts of "stuff" on the sides of the jeep.

I sourced the tires/rims from Discount Tire, and the service was great. The arrived at my door in about a week.

The rims I decided to go with are the Level 8 trackers, with a -19 offset, and the they are about 6 lbs lighter per wheel if anyone is keep track.

The only downside to the whole thing was the jeep is sitting lower to the ground because the new tires are a touch smaller than the original ones.... go figure, should have gone with the 33's after all.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CB Radio

So I believe the next purchase will be a CB radio, since we are going to do a Jeep Jamboree event in June.
I am thinking of handheld Cobra CB Radio, but that requires more research and I got time.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Cool Mango Tango! :thumb:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thanks StarBrite, it is almost as bright as yours :)
I bet yours is brighter, sitting out in the middle of a pure white snow drift!

Not that I wish any snow on you, just that I bet it would make a pretty picture. :)

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking good :thumb:
Thx BBS, I checked out your build thread, love the colour and the jeep looks awesome.

I bet yours is brighter, sitting out in the middle of a pure white snow drift!

Not that I wish any snow on you, just that I bet it would make a pretty picture. :)
Well I did scrape off a layer or two of dirt this morning, and if it would warm up just a little it might snow. The last snow day a few weeks ago, went to work no problem, almost made me wish for a car so I could call in stuck. Although driving through the 18in of snow in the parking lot was a lot fun:D

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
differential breathing tube

So somewhere on this site I found a discussion about if the rear diff goes under water you have to repack the gears with grease since water was suck in through the breathing (?) tube.
There was mention of modifying the tube to get air from somewhere else on the jeep, along with the trany and front diff., need to find that again.

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
1 - 20 of 113 Posts