Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone know about what I should be paying to have reverse rebuilt on my '05 6-speed. The stealership wants $2100

Thanks
:dance:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Call several transmission shops. For that price they should be rebuilding the entire tranny, not just reverse. I have a shop I use here in TX that will rebuild the tranny for about $1500.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Before doing it - make sure it's not a problem with the linkage hitting the floor.

To take it apart enough to work on the reverse gears, it all has to come apart anyway.

That seems terribly high - call around.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nsg370

Hey 05, been there with that tranny. The 05's with the 6sp NSG370 had some issues with rev and syncro's in all gears. yes they are very expensive to repair because parts are extremly rare and your luck to find a dealer that can rebuilt it if tough. Our 05 NSG370 lost 3rd-4th and reverse, I searched all of New England for parts and ended up with a used one for 600.00 that has issues with reverse as well but useable. They tranny is fairly easy to rebuild and i'll be doing mine when the parts come down in price. I called all over the united states last summer and they all told me that they either couldn't get the parts or they were extremly expensive (they tranny is made by Mercedes Benz) the part prices will come down as they get older and machine shops start making them. I'd try and find a used one and keep the old one. If or anyone else know for sure if any parts are out there yet please PM me.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts