Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on eBay and found a master engine kit for 390. I was wondering if anyone knows of an estimate for a shop to put all the stuff on (I'm not good with tearing an engine apart and it would take me forever lol). Thanks guys!

·
Registered
180 Posts
it really depends. if you take the engine out of the bay and just take them the engine itself it'd figure it'd be standard shop rate at about $120/hr for about 6 or 7 man hours depending on who you go to. if machine work needs to be done i'd start there first and then take it to someone who can put all the seals on and adjust everything after its been machined.

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok would it be worth it to bore it .020 over? Or should I not?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was looking on eBay and found a master engine kit for 390. I was wondering if anyone knows of an estimate for a shop to put all the stuff on (I'm not good with tearing an engine apart and it would take me forever lol). Thanks guys!
Ever hear of a telephone ? Call a couple shops and find out. Prices vary widely all over the country.

·
Premium Member
7,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Touché I was just wondering what other people would pay just to gauge how the shops would charge me. Not many shops around here though really. The one I usually go to won't even rebuild a carburetor lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got a quote locally for a rebuild. I take him the block and head, he does everything and gives me a back a rebuilt longblock. $850 parts and labor.

This was before we found the motor sucked a valve and ruined a sleeve. The price went up a couple of hundred at that point.

HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts