Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my 4.0 rebuilt. Idles great, and runs good. However when I press the throttle hard and fast, the engine bogs down momentarily. New plugs, wires cap n rotor, map sensor, fuel pressures at 32 and 39 respectively, and no vacuum leaks Im aware of (Im going to double check fuel psi and for vacuum leaks today). The only issue Im aware of is a crack in the exhaust right before the CAT. So Im looking for suggestions on possible issues to check??? And is it possible for the fuel pump or regulator to be the issue even if my pressures are good?? (also Im getting a ticking near the bell housing but Im pretty sure that is a oil pump issue)

·
Super Moderator
11,119 Posts
I'm certainly no expert on FI, but I suggest that you repair the crack in your exhaust no matter if it's causing your issue or not. I do know that an exhaust leak upstream from the O2 can cause problems.

You can use a mechanics stethoscope to pinpoint the location of your ticking noise (under $10.00 at HF). I'd be concerned by any ticking in a freshly rebuilt engine. Have you had the rebuilder listen to the ticking and if so, what did he say?

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts