Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping you guys have a couple of quick ideas.

Removed and rebuilt ax15 transmission, got it under the Jeep today. Still need to adjust the transfer case linkage and will do so tomorrow.

something unusual though....I have the bottom half of the gears (2, 4, R), but can't get it to slip into the top (1,3, 5).

Please don't tell me I have to tear the tranny back out to fix this....what am I missing? Is it possible the shifter isn't sitting correctly inside the transmission itself?

Give me ideas, good or bad.

-Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had this same problem... there is a allen keyed nut that you have to remove to pull the long pin out that the shifter fork thing bolts to....(if you've taken it apart you will know exactly what i am referring to) you have it backwards. unbolt the shifter and slide the pin out and turn it around....you'll save yourself hours of aggrevation.....trust me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Transmission Fix

Crapjeep97 I can not thank you enough for your post. We just finished rebuilding our 97 Wranglers transmission and found we could not get it into 1st, 3rd or 5th but after reading your post on the shaft in the shift tower and turning it around we have complete gear selection. You saved me a lot of beer and disapointment after all the hard work we had completed, again thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts