Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on installing a K&N CAI this weekend and the instructions say to disconnect the negative cable from the battery. This will wipe out all my settings, so says the instructions. Will I need to recalibrate my speedometer and odometer. I did it once when I lifted my Jeep and put 35" tires on it.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Nope, those are written to the EEPROM, which is stored even if the battery power is removed.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I say do it. I did and love the sound, and to me my jeep feels like its got a little extra get up and go. Just me. I have had mine on for 4 years, nasty winter's, flooded streets from rain, gravel roads. I just make sure I clean mine out every 6 months. I went with the AFE CAI. Viper TB, intune 1,000. my mpg is right at 16.5-16.8. when I get on the interstate I have been in the low 19's. And the paper math and pump prove it. But I run high oct gas. all the time.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Aftermarket intakes (they are not taking in cold air) are a waste of time and money and could actually cause damage.
What kind of damage? I had one for years on a Mustang I had, and never had any problems with it. In fact, I got about 7% more power (measured on a dyno) and an increase in fuel economy. This is subjective, but my oil seemed to stay clean longer with a CAI. Can't say that I ever had any kind of damage because of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts