Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am so glad you posted this. My parking brake has been very "weak" to hold every since I bought the Jeep about a year ago. Sure enough after entering my VIN the recall work was NOT performed on my '95!

Scheduling an appointment tomorrow! THANKS!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
What's wrong with the parking brakes ?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Damn... I have 5 open recalls still :doh:..

I called the dealer i use as my supplier in the shop and he told me he could give me the parking brake assy for 10 bucks due to the recall... It would be free but there is no way i'm letting the dealer do the work on my Jeep..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
62 Posts
cool, my 94 never was repaired either...making an appt in the morning...never have had a problem, but what the heck. Anyone know what the cat recall was about....?

·
Registered
38 Posts
scott, i wouldnt let anyone touch your truck but you, but i do have a whole list to get into the shop about and hey it saves me money atleast

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just found out I have a recall on the parking brake. It's totally weak and I leave it in gear as well as the brake engaged and the wheels turned to the curb just in case. I live on a hill!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have 4 recalls, merry christmas I guess

·
Registered
513 Posts
sweet free parking brake! i love free parts !

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ok guys i havent checked my vin yet jeeps not with me. But stupid question if i do have some free recalls which im sure i do how do i go about getting them? And its just free? Im not a big fan of dealers so i have no clue how this works sorry.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ok guys i havent checked my vin yet jeeps not with me. But stupid question if i do have some free recalls which im sure i do how do i go about getting them? And its just free? Im not a big fan of dealers so i have no clue how this works sorry.
Any Jeep dealer is obligated to do the recall work free of charge. Just make an appointment with the service department of your local dealer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Brake recall sounds like it's only the peddle assembly. What if you no cable from assemble to wheels? PO cut the cable to weld faceplate on rusted frame. I have since replaced frame and pulled out the rest of the cut cable. On my list of fixes. I still have the cables attached to each wheel just nothing grim there forward. Those cables are working but should be replaced also.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts