Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this message a while back. How serious is this? Is there an easy way to just disable the airbag? Our speed limits in town consist mostly of 30klm and a couple 40klm.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah. I was being sarcastic because the dealership has acknowledged the recall but told me that FCA doesn't even have parts available to do repair. Ha. I told them the same thing you said. Kind of ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
There are so many airbag recalls at the moment the modules are in scarce supply... for everyone. My Honda has been under recall for 3 years... they said the bags will be here in January. Their suggestion? Don't drive the car. Hmmm... for 3 years?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow really. That is terrible. They actually state this one could be fatal, i hope the parts are available. Perhaps i should look into this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess so. Seeing as their airbags could blow your face off. Is there any way of dissabling the airbag i wonder? Perhaps bot in this jk as mine, everything is manual in this thing

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
As far as i know its just for the 2009

I received the same recall notice for my 2008 JKU. Same response, parts not available & I'll be notified when it comes in.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got the recall for the passenger side on my 2010 JK. Again, no parts available.

In the meantime, may I suggest you keep this handy and issue it to anyone riding shotgun.

IMG_0384.JPG

·
Registered
213 Posts
That would be Takata. There were really only two major airbag suppliers to all the automakers so everyone is being affected.

The company that manufactures the airbag systems, from what I've heard, is under threat of bankruptcy, if it hasn't already happened..

·
Registered
624 Posts
I bought my 2014 used back in July, and received the notice in less than 2 weeks. I guess they are 'monitors,' they only tell you when there's a problem.

Fyi, I finally got a notice I can now take my 05 Ram in to replace the Driver side airbag.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought my 2014 used back in July, and received the notice in less than 2 weeks. I guess they are 'monitors,' they only tell you when there's a problem.

Fyi, I finally got a notice I can now take my 05 Ram in to replace the Driver side airbag.
But not for the wrangler?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts