Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 model year:

Powertrain Control module on vehicle may not detect failed O2 sensor.

Not a big deal. They just don't want us driving around, polluting more than we already are. :happyyes:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
same here. nothing received yet

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah we got them for both Jeeps yesterday too...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Got mine today as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My VIN# on Mopar Connect showed no recalls for my Jeep this afternoon but guess what came in the mail today ?? Nope, not another catalog from Quadratec :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was getting the first oil change (4x free) on my 2015 @ dealer and they actually did the recall PCM/O2 while I was there. The mailer came the next day, +1 dealer points for not making me return for the fix.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Had mine done Friday. No big deal. I'm lucky thought. I know all of the guys at the dealership so it's always a good trip.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Was in yesterday for tire rotation and oil change. Was brought to my attention about recall. Took them 5 minutes. It is a software update. It was announced six days ago. I got lucky.
Called my dealer about this and was told that after reprogram they would have to keep it at least 4 hrs to drive it as part of the reset. My question is has anyone done this yet, did they drive it (sounds a little weird) and when they reprogram the computer do you have to reset everything with procal?

·
Registered
121 Posts
After dealer had my jeep all day, they just said it only applies to manual trans and I have auto. Don't see how an O2 sensor failure recognized by the PCM would be transmission specific? Anyone hear this BS from them?

·
Registered
58 Posts
After dealer had my jeep all day, they just said it only applies to manual trans and I have auto. Don't see how an O2 sensor failure recognized by the PCM would be transmission specific? Anyone hear this BS from them?
The flux capacitor only applies to manual transmissions as well. If you got a recall notice in the mail it applies to you. On the recall slip is the last 7 or 8 digits of your VIN

1 - 20 of 32 Posts