Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a '95 YJ and I'm pretty sure I have an exhaust leak from my manifold (Ticking noise).

I need to buy a new exhaust manifold and was looking for recommendations.

I saw this kit on ebay and was wondering if anyone thinks this is junk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-WRANGLER-CHEROKEE-2-5-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-GSK-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33632QQihZ014QQitemZ330018393200QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Thanks in advance :)
Chris
hey man my jeep did the same thing. before you drop a bunch of money into a new manifold, i would check out all the bolts. the 2.5 is known for bolts breaking off in the head. i would check all the manifold bolts and make sure that they are not broken off. mine did the same thing. it tapped like crazy. i had a shop do it and it was a little expensive but well worth it. on mine it was the very back bolt. i don't know if this all makes since but i hope it helps.

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
that looks like a good deal. i paid around that and it didnt include all the extras.mine was cracked to hell. loose exhaust pipes hammeredmine into oblivion. it was a bitofa PITA, but definetly doable. of course, on mine, EVERYTHING ends up being a PITA....i thinnk it has somesort of curse on it :flipoff:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a '95 YJ and I'm pretty sure I have an exhaust leak from my manifold (Ticking noise).
It would be best to be sure the thing you are buying is the thing you need. A broken bolt can cause the same problem. On a 2.5, the last bolt nearest the firewall is prone to breaking, which would not necessitate a new manifold.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the good advice. I'll pull the old manifold off and check if before I drop the cash on a new one.

I was also tossing around the adea of buying a Pace Setter header. They run about $169.

Any thoughts on going that rought?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts