Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jk is a 2010 sport 4 door, all stock, would I need a lift? I believe my gears are 3.21... Should I upgrade to 3.73's?? ....

·
Registered
261 Posts
33's may rub so you might need spacers. A small lift 2"-2.5" coils or spacers would be nice but not needed right away. You might want some taller bumpstops. I would go with 4.10 gears cause you might want 35" tires later.

·
Registered
559 Posts
33's may rub so you might need spacers. A small lift 2"-2.5" coils or spacers would be nice but not needed right away. You might want some taller bumpstops. I would go with 4.10 gears cause you might want 35" tires later.
X2, Running BFG 33's on stock Sahara wheels with a 2" OEM spring lift, Auto trans, turn lock slight rubbing on the front sway bar only. Oh ya spaced out the rear 1.250 to fill out the wheel wells...

My 3.21 were lazy as shit so I swapped out to 4.10's and it made a world of difference with the taller tires. Will probably go to BFG 34's next so the 4.10's will work with that tire as well. Pro-Cal is a must or it will hardly even roll - limp home mode. Haha!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I couldn't be happier with my 33x12.5 on 15 Fallen Wildpeaks. I just went ahead and got new rims over running spacers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just went through the same thing on my 10'. i went with 33's on my 3.73 gears and it just wasnt cutting it so i ended up looking for a re gear shop..... went 4.88s and threw a locker out the back and its a whole new ball game. actually drives better than the stock tires and gearing combo

Edit: i had to run spacers, it only rubbed at full turn so i was ok with it until they arrived

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just went through the same thing on my 10'. i went with 33's on my 3.73 gears and it just wasnt cutting it so i ended up looking for a re gear shop..... went 4.88s and threw a locker out the back and its a whole new ball game. actually drives better than the stock tires and gearing combo

Edit: i had to run spacers, it only rubbed at full turn so i was ok with it until they arrived
Hey JeepSkate - How does your 33's/4.88 feel on the highway at 60-65 and do you think you would have been comfortable with a little more greasing up to 5.13? I'm in a similar situation but am leaning towards 5.13 for a little more power and ability to to go to 35's down the road. Any other experience you can share is appreciated.

Thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts