Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am in the market for a Jeep Wrangler sport 2 door and is wondering if anyone can give me some good dealerships to check out. I have five dealerships within 20 miles I can check out. Ramsey, Paramus, Rockland, Precision, and Teterboro. Anyone have good experience with any of them? Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought at Rockland, went in with the Tread Lightly affiliate price, and their numbers matched mine.
Don Smith was the sales person I dealt with, no nonsense, and he was familiar with the program.
Ordered on 24 January and picked up on 24 February.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I shopped Rockland and Ramsey for my JKU and found Ramsey difficult and even offensive. They acted like they were selling a rare commodity and adopted sharp sales tactics. My experience at Rockland was the opposite. No pressure and they went out of their way to accommodate my requests to drive several different vehicles, etc. Their price was fair and they gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade. They did not have the vehicle I wanted in stock, but quickly located it and got it for me in a few days, as promised, without asking for more money (just a larger deposit since they were doing a dealer swap).

Two of my friends shopped both dealerships and bought JK's from Rockland. They both had similar experiences, with Ramsey being being significantly higher in price. My salesman was terrific and is a huge Jeeper (drives a JKU and had a picture of his "baby" -- Jeep baby-- on his desk). I don't think posting names and numbers is allowed on this forum, so PM me if you want his information. A referral may help rather than walking in cold. I have been back a few times for service and mods, and he knows me well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I shopped Rockland and Ramsey for my JKU and found Ramsey difficult and even offensive. They acted like they were selling a rare commodity and adopted sharp sales tactics. My experience at Rockland was the opposite. No pressure and they went out of their way to accommodate my requests to drive several different vehicles, etc. Their price was fair and they gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade. They did not have the vehicle I wanted in stock, but quickly located it and got it for me in a few days, as promised, without asking for more money (just a larger deposit since they were doing a dealer swap). Two of my friends shopped both dealerships and bought JK's from Rockland. They both had similar experiences, with Ramsey being being significantly higher in price. My salesman was terrific and is a huge Jeeper (drives a JKU and had a picture of his "baby" -- Jeep baby-- on his desk). I don't think posting names and numbers is allowed on this forum, so PM me if you want his information. A referral may help rather than walking in cold. I have been back a few times for service and mods, and he knows me well. Good luck.
Same here. Went to both, ended up getting it from Rockland. Best price, nicer sales personnel (at least the guy I dealt with), and it's only 10 min from my house. Been back several times for routine maintenance, tolerable. They forgot to change my oil on my last visit which prompted me to turn around and go back. Other than that, pretty good. They're tolerant of mods, to a certain extent but will always service it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for there help. I stopped by Ramsey and was not happy with their sales group there. Going to check a few more out. It is still a little time away from me getting a jeep. Going to save some more money for a better down payment and maybe get a jku since I am sure I will have the jeep for years and I will probably need to have the extra space.

·
Registered
33 Posts
sometimes you need to drive a little bit. I went to reedman toll, they gave me a great number. It's in PA so about an 1 1/2 ride for you but worth it. I got my 2014 Rubicon from a sales man names Norm. He was pretty good. Plus they give 2 years of free service on year jeep.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's for the info. I got family out in pa. Think I can make a trip out of it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Precision jeep is my top four I am going to be looking at. Paramus, teterboro and rockland would be the others at the moment. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought mine at global in north Plainfield. Sales men was Mario. He was a very good guy took care of me the minor problem I had he scheduled the appointment and took kept me informed. So far I would recommend I'll keep you informed of there parts and service people (pending)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts