Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all -

I’m looking for recommendations for a builder in TX. The long story short is that I have a JKU in Mexico that I’d like to build up, but shipping parts and finding the right shop is pretty tough. So, I’ll drive it to the US to have the work done here.

This won’t be a luxury build - I’m not doing paint or interior leather, or building a show truck. I’m more or less making a pre-runner. So, it feels to me like a proper offload shop who knows JKs. Would you have a positive experience you could share?

I’m looking to:

- add a lift kit, coilovers, stops, etc.
- install front and rear bumpers (which will take some grinding), and skid plate
- install rock guards
- install a winch
- install a body-mounted tire carrier
- swap out fender flares for tube flares
- install wheel well inner liners
- install corner guards
- replace a light bar (will require a custom bar and custom wiring harness)
- swap wheels/tires
- upgrade brakes
- plus a little bit of interior work

I’m hoping to find someone who of course does great work, but is also brand-agnostic (I have a mix of providers in mind), and is particularly good at suspensions.

Does that sound like someone you’ve worked with who you might recommend?

Thanks very much -

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Welcome to the Forum tclinton,

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Retired Moderator
100,727 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Hi, all -

I’m looking for recommendations for a builder in TX. The long story short is that I have a JKU in Mexico that I’d like to build up, but shipping parts and finding the right shop is pretty tough. So, I’ll drive it to the US to have the work done here.

This won’t be a luxury build - I’m not doing paint or interior leather, or building a show truck. I’m more or less making a pre-runner. So, it feels to me like a proper offload shop who knows JKs. Would you have a positive experience you could share?

I’m looking to:

- add a lift kit, coilovers, stops, etc.
- install front and rear bumpers (which will take some grinding), and skid plate
- install rock guards
- install a winch
- install a body-mounted tire carrier
- swap out fender flares for tube flares
- install wheel well inner liners
- install corner guards
- replace a light bar (will require a custom bar and custom wiring harness)
- swap wheels/tires
- upgrade brakes
- plus a little bit of interior work

I’m hoping to find someone who of course does great work, but is also brand-agnostic (I have a mix of providers in mind), and is particularly good at suspensions.

Does that sound like someone you’ve worked with who you might recommend?

Thanks very much -
I'd recommend Jason at Addictive Autoworks. He did a great job on my JKU install. Pretty sure he has a facebook page that you can contact him on also.

Addictive Auto Works
Jason Webb
Calvert, TX
[email protected]
http://www.addictiveautoworks.com

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
Define Texas? Its nearly 900 miles from El Paso to Beaumont. Twelve hours from Houston o the pan handle of Oklahoma. Its a big ass state! I am in Lubbock and I am 5 hours from the nearest big city... and its in New Mexico!

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
I don't know how much action the Texas forum gets, but you might try there.

On the Wrangler Forum main page, scroll down past the vendors until you come to the state by state forum. Click on that and then click on the Texas forum.
Post your question there, and hopefully someone there might be able to help.
It might help if you state where in Mexico you plan to start from.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, both, for the counsel. I'm starting WAY south in Mexico... Oaxaca. So the longest part of the trip is to get to the border! From there, I'd of course prefer to find something in the very huge Big Bend - Dallas - Houston triangle.

·
Retired Moderator
100,727 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

Thread moved.

·
Premium Member
2017 JKUR
1,163 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts