Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be towing my Jeep behind my RV and it seems less than ideal to have the radiator so exposed to any debris kicked up by the RV. Can anyone recommend a screen that is sturdy yet doesn't block too much wind. It seems Jeeps run a little hot so I don't want it running any hotter than it has to.

I am looking for a screen that fits behind rather than the grill inserts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just installed the Rugged Ridge mesh screen insert testerday. Looks good, not as snug for the center 3 slots, but the other 4 slots are good and tight, s/b fine.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just installed the Rugged Ridge mesh screen insert testerday. Looks good, not as snug for the center 3 slots, but the other 4 slots are good and tight, s/b fine.
I bought a similar insert, and instead of using the supplied mounting hardware I got the pads and zip ties the DIY gutter guard people are using. I used epoxy to mount the pads and the insert sits even all the way across. I did have to bend it a little in spots, just adjust the fit before zipping it down.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
JWM are high quality and look good. One of my 1st mods.

·
Registered
467 Posts
"yesterday", and if necessary one electrical tie in the center and would be tight as a drum.
this is exactly what i did. used a zip tie for the middle on and you cant see it even looking for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts