Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2.5” lift and want to add extended SS braided brake lines. Looking at spending around $150 for all 4 with appropriate brackets. The reviews are all over the place though, claiming lines aren’t any longer than originals. Any got some recommendations?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Crown will make brake lines to your specifications. Length, colors etc. no need for drop bracket. Have had a set up front 2years now and very happy.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crown will make brake lines to your specifications. Length, colors etc. no need for drop bracket. Have had a set up front 2years now and very happy.
I'm not talking drop brackets, some of these kits come with brackets just to route the line in an appropriate manner as opposed to it flapping in the wind and becoming a branch grabber.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
Reactions: mcguirev10

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do those crown lines from q-tec come with any brackets/clamps for routing? I’ve got 2.5 lift, but I think I’d go with their lines for a 3-4 lift in case I add an inch in the future

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
What year is Jeep? They lengthened the front lines I think in '14 and they should be long enough for 2.5" lift. If you are using extra long shocks you may need some more.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Do those crown lines from q-tec come with any brackets/clamps for routing? I’ve got 2.5 lift, but I think I’d go with their lines for a 3-4 lift in case I add an inch in the future
they come with your main brake line brackets,
but there is nothing to address the ABS/speed sensor wires in the front.
I removed the clips from the old brake lines and transferred them over with small zip ties

1 - 11 of 11 Posts