Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of new steering linkage, and tie rod linkage while I’m at it. Everything is stock right now but adding a 3” lift within the next week. Stock rims for now but will eventually be adding 15” rims with 33x12.5 tires. Mostly a pavement princess, it’s the wife’s Jeep, but might see some sand and trails. Looking around I haven’t found anything with solid reviews under $500-$600. I know you get what you pay for but does she really need bomb proof?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's expensive but as the saying goes "buy once, cry once" get the Currie Currectlync and never worry about your steering again.

I looked at it and it doesn’t say if it works with stock rims and eventually 15”, any experience to such? If not I can always call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know it's expensive but as the saying goes "buy once, cry once" get the Currie Currectlync and never worry about your steering again.

I looked at it and it doesn’t say if it works with stock rims and eventually 15”, any experience to such? If not I can always call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run the Savvy version and I have 15” wheels. No problems there.

The currectlync is really your only option.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run the Savvy version and I have 15” wheels. No problems there.

The currectlync is really your only option.

Thanks, I should know better by now. I was hoping for a recommendation for something half the price, but I guess it is what it is. Hahaha.... Like you guys said “ buy once, cry once “.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any real difference between the Savvy and the Currectlync? Other than Savvy being aluminum.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it says I need at least 4” of lift, I’m only lifting 3”. Any other good options or ideas?

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
Take a look at the ZJ steering upgrade. More than adequate for a rig that won’t be subjected to hard wheeling.
x2 on this. very stout setup for 33's. i've been waiting for it to fail me with 35's. i'm all for currie and will likely go that route if my ZJ setup ever fails, but it is probably overkill for your application

here's a walk through with part numbers

https://www.stu-offroad.com/steering/zjtie/tierod-1.htm

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'm not too sure about that.

Item specifics
Condition:
New
Brand:
Currie
Warranty:
Yes
Manufacturer Part Number:
CE-9701TRN
Country/Region of Manufacture:
CHINA
UPC:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Go with the ZJ V8 setup. I paid $132 shipped for the complete set. 10 year warranty on all parts too.

Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 5.9L 4 Wheel Drive Steering & Suspension Kit 11 Piece Set
AM Price:$131.99

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the help / options.

If I go the ZJ option, what do I use for a draglink setup? A ZJ draglink, stock TJ draglink or something else?

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

If I go the ZJ option, what do I use for a draglink setup? A ZJ draglink, stock TJ draglink or something else?

My link has the ZJ draglink and track bar included too. Running 35s on most of my Jeeps, I've never bent the draglink. The stock tie rod will bend making a U-turn in the Walmart parking lot and hitting the curb with 35s.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

You don't need anything except the ZJ tie rod. Most people don't even need that. Listen to Ironhead Jed. I bet this guy has an HD (Harley Davidson) too.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to all.....

I ended up going with the ZJ conversion. I called several of the companies suggested and no one could give me an answer if it would work with my setup.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Zj steering will hold up well. Especially for something that mostly sees pavement.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts