Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010JKU Rubicon that has 2.5" left and 35" tires. The back ones rub so I wanted to by a 4" kit. I was looking at the Pro-comp and Skyjacker set that is a little under $700 and that includes shocks. Which set do you prefer for that price?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Neither. They are considered the worst sets out their for Jeeps. Sagging and poor ride quality are common complaints.

Also if your worried about budget, do not get a 4" lift. It usually requires drive shaft replacement. it is a borderline size for having problems. 3.5" lift on a JKU is considered the biggest lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping to stay around $700 to keep in my budget. I am selling of one of my other toys in my motorcycle to fund this and some other things. Is there a 3.5 around that price you think would work? I have skyjacker hydro shocks on it now from the 2.5" so those might work still for a 3.5" lift.

I just dont want to get tire rub from simply driving in the ditch like I get now.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Pro-comp and Skyjacker............Warning! stay away!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You can get a dremel and take care of that little fender problem for free :firedevil:

Do you have bumpstops? That could also be a cheaper way to keep your fenders from getting eaten up if you haven't addressed that yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should probably clarify, it is not the actual fenders rubbing, it is the wheel wells and the corner of the body in the rear that hits the tire. Here is a pic of it:

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much, I appreciate the suggestions.

You can do this.
trimming rear pinch seam and rubi rails - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Writeup – JK Pinch Seam Trim | Dirty Dog Offroad

As far as the Pro Comp lift goes, if you get it get the Stage I 4" with the MX6 shocks. I've been running this lift for a yr. ( 2011 JKUR) now with not one problem. I have also installed the same lift on my friends jeeps jeep ( his is a 09 JKU ) And that was 3 yrs. ago. He also never had a problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That Stage I is one of them I was looking at, is there $250 difference in ride quality for the MX6 over the ES9000 shocks?

What do you think of this from Rubicon Express? I would have to find some shocks with this kit.

Rubicon Express Part RE7142 - 3.5" Standard Coil Suspension System - No Shocks

You can do this.
trimming rear pinch seam and rubi rails - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Writeup – JK Pinch Seam Trim | Dirty Dog Offroad

As far as the Pro Comp lift goes, if you get it get the Stage I 4" with the MX6 shocks. I've been running this lift for a yr. ( 2011 JKUR) now with not one problem. I have also installed the same lift on my friends jeeps jeep ( his is a 09 JKU ) And that was 3 yrs. ago. He also never had a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts