Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Ya'll! 98 Wrangler Sport TJ Here.

I need your help in buying a new soft top. I am looking for one that is easy on and off and can be done by myself. I am woman, so I need something that isn't hard and takes a lot of strength and pulling to get back on.

Right now, I have an after market Rampage frameless soft top. I HATE IT!:censored: (It is made to only have the back sides and back window off and keep the top on) I cannot get the sides ands back window on by myself. I have to take it to work and have three of my male co workers pull and strain to get it back together. Well, the zipper finally gave way on a window today. Instead of buying a replacement, I want to buy a new top, one that come off all the way without having to uninstall it. One that is easy enough for me to get on an off by myself and it may be a daily on/off because West Virginia mornings can be cold!!

I appreciate any suggestions or tips you may have fellow Jeepers!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just installed my Softopper yesterday. I like it so far, it's gonna take getting some used to putting it up and down alone, but there's a few guys who can have it down in about two minutes. For a frameless top, the amount of flappage I get is minimal, and it's nothing another turn if the radio dial can't fix. Pretty simple install too.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if you are wanting another frameless top, but I have the Supertop NX (which has a frame) and I love it! You can flip the front back without taking everything off. Great top, I've had it for a little under two years and its held up great. Just keep in mind anything that is new will be a little difficult to install as it will not be stretched out very much but it will become easier once it has stretched. Laying it out in the sun will help when you install it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Softopper is a one person operation, and you can take the top off completely in just a few minutes. Plus the zippers are adjustable so you can fit them to a spot that is comfortable for you to zip in the windows

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
Rampage frameless! Best purchase

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am also a female and have had the Rampage Frameless and Bestop Trektop NX. I installed both tops by myself. The initial install was very tight on both but after the material stretched I did not have a lot of problems putting the windows back in.

I can't imagine it taking that many people to put the Rampage top back on, was it cold outside?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also, You said West Virginia mornings can be cold. Any soft top will be more difficult to put on when it is cooler outside since the material shrinks. The long you have the top the easier it gets but it is still more difficults when it is cooler outside.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
I am also a female and have had the Rampage Frameless and Bestop Trektop NX. I installed both tops by myself. The initial install was very tight on both but after the material stretched I did not have a lot of problems putting the windows back in. I can't imagine it taking that many people to put the Rampage top back on, was it cold outside?
My wife can put mine on in 10 min minus the doors

·
Registered
81 Posts
I second Softopper. It's a solid built top (made in USA) you can get it as a whole kit with door surrounds or by itself if you already have the hardware. There's no frame needed, and though its easier with a second person, if you're patient you can do it yourself. They're a bit cheaper than other options too which is nice, and a good warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts