Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ive been through this jeep with fine maticulous comb. Brand new dodge engine in 6 grand alone spent 21 k on this tj total to date.its a show jeep. Good luck
Gee. Looks like everyone has an opinion just like everyone has one where the sun don't shine. I think I know where your opinion comes from. And if you're so meticulous why are you on this site to start with?

·
Commercial Member
7,090 Posts
Ive been through this jeep with fine maticulous comb. Brand new dodge engine in 6 grand alone spent 21 k on this tj total to date.its a show jeep. Good luck
Lack of punctuation makes a person look like a stupid and ignorant fool too.....
;)
Be nice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I’d think long and hard before putting 33” tires on an SE. You give up alot of drivability when you pair big tires with squirrel power. Its not a problem on the trail so much as it is every other place you may drive your Jeep. If you are young with a GF I’d recommend going on a cross country camping trip and see this great country of ours. Even with the covid you can still explore national forests and stay at hotels cheaply. This is also as cheap as gas will ever be so take advantage if you can. 33s will make your Jeep more of a trailer queen. It will be slow and burn a lot more fuel. Its more apt to break the inferior axles and transmission that Jeep installed in the SE models.
I’d spend the money on a winch or a locker to get the most out of an SE. Just my two cents, but in my opinion the SE is a poor platform for modifications unless you are replacing almost everything and doing an LS swap or something similar. Its a much easier and cheaper road to sell the Jeep and start with a 4.0L or Rubicon. You would be surprised how much you can do with the tires you have now.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts