Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the Gobi Stealth with ARB Simpson III RTT (plus annex and awning) and enjoy it very much. A Sirius antenna can be had for $25 and located anywhere so it shouldn't really be a factor. Besides, any rack and RTT may cause interference with the stock located antenna. Keep in mind though that this RTT only sleeps 2 adults plus maybe one small child. Two more can sleep down in the annex area though. I have the same 3.5" AEV lift and running 35's...the optional ladder extension is required.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Thanks for the info, any thoughts on the other rack manufacturers?

Merlinn
I chose Garvin. Their Wilderness rack works tops for me. They've also got a new one, that is just a platform. The customer service is tops. Highly recommended. It's a family owned/run business.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I chose Garvin. Their Wilderness rack works tops for me. They've also got a new one, that is just a platform. The customer service is tops. Highly recommended. It's a family owned/run business.
I agree:thumb: I have The Wilderness rack also and I installed there rear bumper to. These folks are a real pleasure to deal with and I love my rack!

I do not have a tent yet, but I will be getting one this winter. I am not going to mount it on the roof, I will be building a trailer and putting the tent on top. This is the company I am going to go with. They make nice stuff and have roof top models. I have used there tents both here and in Africa.

http://www.eeziawn.com/eeziawn/legends_out_of_africa.html

I get a magazine called Overlanding Journal. You should look up there website. The last issue of there mag had en extensive comparison of all the roof top mounted tents. It may be worth you buying a copy if you dont want to subscribe to there mag for an entire year. It is a well put together publication with incredible photography. real good overlanding info on equipment every issue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The eezi-awn seem to be very good quality. I would like to know the difference in materials between ARB and eezi-awn...

I like the Wilderness rack, but not all the holes drilled into the body. I don't think Gobi drills which I think is a big plus.

Merlinn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeep Roof Top Tents

There has never been a company willing to step up for Jeep owners like Bigfoot Jeep Roof Top Tents. It's nice when companies are proud of their product and know well how to sell it but what are they willing to do for you! The Bigfoot Tent Crew sponsors teams and events in the community and offers "real" discounts. Any member from Wrangler Forums can discount their Jeep Roof Top Tent orders by 10%. As far as racks go the choices are endless.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a Gobi Stealth and was having sat interference. I went to car toys and he put an aftermarket sat antenna underneath the dash. No problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gobi Rack

I have a Gobi Stealth on a 2011 4D Rubicon. Great rack. I moved the satellite antenna to the front of the rack, flat on the light bar. You can't see it and the wire is wrapped around the right front rack support down to where I brought it into the interior. All works great. There is no drilling with the Gobi rack and it is solid!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a Gobi Stealth and no interference at all on SAT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone with experience with the tepui tents? Good? Bad?
Was looking to see if I can put one on the body armor 4x4 roof rack cargo basket, looks pretty small, would maybe just a small tepui tent fit?
Welcome all suggestions

1 - 20 of 32 Posts