Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a side step? I have a 2016 JKU that have existing rock rails. I would like to keep the rails on, are there any side step out there that would work?

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
If you want to keep the existing Rubicon rock rails, I think you only have 2 choices. ACE Engineering or Extreme Terrains Barricade sliders.

I went with the ET Barricade sliders on mine. But I there are a ton of people on here that went with ACE.

·
Premium Member
1,674 Posts
The Barricade sliders from Extreme Terrain

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a side step? I have a 2016 JKU that have existing rock rails. I would like to keep the rails on, are there any side step out there that would work?
You didn't say what type of rock rails you have. If they are the rubicon rock rails that come on Rubi's and Willys's, then this pair of steps will work: https://www.quadratec.com/p/trigger/rubicon-slider-steps-jeep-wrangler-jk-rubicon-and-rubicon-unlimited
However, they will NOT work for any other type of rock rail.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Don’t buy anything coated from Rockhard4x4. They’ll rust within a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You didn't say what type of rock rails you have. If they are the rubicon rock rails that come on Rubi's and Willys's, then this pair of steps will work: https://www.quadratec.com/p/trigger/rubicon-slider-steps-jeep-wrangler-jk-rubicon-and-rubicon-unlimited
However, they will NOT work for any other type of rock rail.
Hey, those customer pics on Quadratec are mine :)

I put these on my Rubicon a couple months ago and they're great. My only (small) complaint is that due to the way they mount, the rear steps don't bolt through the rock rails like the fronts do. I've checked each week to make sure they are still tight and while they are, it would be nice to have a little extra peace of mind that they are bolted through.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hey, those customer pics on Quadratec are mine :)

I put these on my Rubicon a couple months ago and they're great. My only (small) complaint is that due to the way they mount, the rear steps don't bolt through the rock rails like the fronts do. I've checked each week to make sure they are still tight and while they are, it would be nice to have a little extra peace of mind that they are bolted through.
Well, lucky for me I have a 2DR. :) I like how easy they go on/off. I put them on for Her Royal Shortness to get in/out around town and then take them off when I wheeling in the rocks. Up until I bought these I was using a folding step stool to get here in and out of the jeep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts